PAC Machinery has been a leader in the Bag Sealing Technology since 1963. The PAC Machinery family of companies offers the most comprehensive range of bag sealing equipment and materials in the flexible packaging industry, delivering dependable, packaging solutions that are built to last.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, customer-focused Regional Sales Manager with past experience in the packaging industry.
A successful candidate will:
- Manage a designated US sales territory to obtain the maximum sales revenue and gross margin possible for the company.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with assigned company agents, representatives and distributors to insure the acceptance and implementation of company sales programs, policies and changes by their field sales force.
- Serve as an interface for the company with its agents, representatives and distributors to continuously obtain current competitive information; identification of need for marketing changes; sales policy and procedure change, etc.
Position role and responsibilities:
- Achieve sales objectives for the region: unit and dollar volumes, gross margin, product mix, etc.
- Train representatives and their employees in product information and product presentations.
- Direct field sales activities of the region with respect to advertising, distributor shows, equipment demonstrations, sales forecasts, sales blitzes, training, sales seminars, customer visits to the factory and sales activities.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, reporting and implementing sales action plans.
- Identify and resolve issues and obstacles between the company, assigned representatives, distributors and customers to achieve sales objectives in the region within budget.
- Supply a formal written annual plan for the region once per year to the National Sales Manager. Review plan with supervisor and agree to implement plan as issued by the Management Team annually.
- Maintain regional activities within budget.
- Develop representative and distributor relationships to maximize performance and mind share of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Associate’s degree considered with combination of relevant education and experience.
- Previous experience in the packaging industry required.
- 5+ years sales management experience with proven field sales experience and results.
- Strong leadership and training skills a must.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining direct relationships with key decision makers.
- An aggressive sales-minded personality and can-do attitude is a must.
- Ability to accommodate frequent travel (approximately 70%)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.